As representative payee of trust funds for children in foster care, including Social Security benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Retirement, Survivor, and Disability Insurance (RSDI), your agency is tasked with great fiduciary responsibility. Public Consulting Group can help you
- Safeguard the child’s SSA benefits.
- Ensure that Social Security benefits are used as intended.
- Help meet the child’s needs that are not covered under the cost of care or Medicaid.
- Minimize benefit disruptions due to placement changes.
- Help the child prepare for the future.
- Avoid unnecessary loss of Social Security benefits and Medicaid coverage by managing balances to allowable asset levels.
As Social Security Administration (SSA) Benefits Representative Payee, your agency is charged with a complex set of tasks in its oversight and stewardship of children’s trust fund accounts. Public Consulting Group (PCG) is a proven partner to child welfare agencies in this role. We can help you fulfill your Representative Payee responsibilities while improving efficiency.
Call on PCG to help you
- Develop automated tools, or assist with the customization and implementation of software programs, to track cash management and client account.
- Create policy and procedure manuals to assist personnel to properly manage funds.
- Design processes to help prevent accounts from reaching asset limits which result in a reduction of SSI benefits and Medicaid coverage.
- Design disbursement processes that are transparent and easy for case managers to follow.
- Provide education and training to the case managers and revenue staff to enhance their understanding of Representative Payee responsibilities.
PCG has successfully worked with clients to develop cash management systems and processes to manage SSA benefits and is the largest vendor for foster children’s Supplemental Security Income (SSI) advocacy in the country. We have expert administrative ability to handle projects of all sizes and a proven history of results that has enabled our clients to implement best practices in the area of SSI/SSDI funds management.
PCG has managed child benefit accounts for children in the Massachusetts foster care system since 1993. During that time PCG has
- Worked with the state to automate the upload of cash receipts into the SACWIS system, eliminating more than 40 hours per month of tedious manual data entry. The automated upload also eliminated data entry errors.
- Streamlined quality control procedures, eliminating manual review of all client accounts, and reducing staff costs.
- Developed a positive and helpful working relationship with the local Social Security Administration Office. PCG has assisted the state during the past two SSA audits, which resulted in favorable reviews.
Contact PCG today to learn more about how we can help you to create greater efficiencies in your SSA child benefits funds.